Did you know that women live 5 years longer than men? This longer life expectancy has two key implications for us:
- We will need more money and healthcare, and
- We have to prepare differently for our future
According to a women’s and financial wellness report by Merrill Lynch, women not only live longer than men but also end up being the caretakers of their spouses/partners.
Keeping this information in mind, we compiled an ultimate list of 36 financial and investment resources to help you better manage your finances and prepare for retirement. They include websites, blogs, podcasts, online newsletters, and online/offline classes. The good news is the majority of these resources are free and easily accessible online.
Here are 36 valuable financial and investment resources to help you successfully prepare for your future:
1. Wall Street Journal:
2. Yahoo Finance: https://finance.yahoo.com
3. Ellevest: https://www.ellevest.com
4. Annuity.org: https://www.annuity.org
5. Mint: https://www.mint.com
6. Digit: https://digit.co
7. Fiscal Femme: https://thefiscalfemme.com
8. Women World Banking: https://www.womensworldbanking.org
9. AffordAnything: https://affordanything.com
10. The Financial Diet: https://thefinancialdiet.com
11. Daily Worth: https://www.dailyworth.com
12. My Fab Finance: http://myfabfinance.com/blog/
13. Clever Girl Finance: https://www.clevergirlfinance.com
14. Girls Just Wanna Have Funds: http://www.girlsjustwannahavefunds.com/blog/
15. Wiserwomen.org: https://www.wiserwomen.org
ONLINE NEWSLETTERS [DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX]:
16. What the Elle?: https://www.ellevest.com/newsletter
17. Kiplinger’s Personal Finance: https://www.kiplinger.com
18. HerMoney with Jean Chatzky: https://www.jeanchatzky.com
19. HerMoney with Jean Chatzky: https://www.jeanchatzky.com/podcast/
20. AffordAnything with Paula Pant: https://affordanything.com/podcast/
21. So Money with Faroosh Torabi: http://podcast.farnoosh.tv
22. Stacking Benjamins: https://www.stackingbenjamins.com
23. The Fairer Cents with Kara Perez and Tanya Hester: https://thefairercents.com
24. Brunch and Budget: https://brunchandbudget.com/podcast/
25. Listen Money Matters: https://www.listenmoneymatters.com/show/
- https://www.udemy.com/personal-finance-101/ [free]
- https://www.coursera.org/learn/family-planning [free]
32. Alison (All Free):
33. Purdue edx:
Hope these resources will be as valuable to you as they have been to us.
Have your own to add to our list? Please share. The more we have to go around, the more empowered we will be.
Want to get access to more financial and investment tips? Join our Facebook group, gapmuseWomen, a safe community for women to connect, collaborate, engage, and thrive together.