Are you ready for spring? We know we are! Enough with the cold, rain and gloomy weather! I know, I know, we need the rain. But after nearly four months of it, you have to admit that you’d be happy to see it go too so you can soak in the sunshine, enjoy the beautiful spring blooms and wear your colorful spring dresses.
But before you do all of that, let’s take a quick peek back to see what we were up to for the past 3 rainy months.
From giving an ode to the women who inspire us and sharing our favorite chicken wing recipes, to discovering the basics to help has thrive, our first quarter reminded us that inspiration is all around us, how to take care of ourselves, and never to give up.
In case you missed it, here are the musings that inspired us:
1. 9 Must-Have Essentials to Help Women Thrive in 2017We know what you’re thinking, isn’t this type of stuff published at the start of the year when we’re all thinking about resolutions? To which we ask, why should there be a time stamp on anything that improves our lives?
Besides, if you’re like me, you’ve probably fallen off the wagon on a few of your goals already. Mind you, one of those goals is very simple; go to bed earlier and sleep more. Easy right? Well, apparently not because so far, I’m failing miserably. I’m even doing worse off than last year and sleeping less! We figure that this musing might just give us the little jolt we need to refocus on our well being and get us back on track. Read on…
2. 3 Juicy Oven-Baked Chicken Wing Recipes to Delight Your Super BowlHow do you know you’re a big fan of any sport?
- Get excited when the season starts
- Can’t wait to watch your favorite team play (go Dub Nation!)
- Know most if not all the star players
- Call plays
- Yell at refs when you think your team has been played and call fouls
- Have awkward outbursts when you get excited
- Buy your favorite player’s merchandize…Read on…
3. 6 women who inspired gapmuse the most in 2016 [+video]
Every new year, we publish our musing about the women that inspired us the most in the previous year. It’s not only an ode to these women for their contributions and impact they’ve had on our lives, but also to inspire and empower us as we embark on a new year and new journey.
This new year is no different. We were honored to discover 6 women who inspired, educated, and empowered us in 2016. From challenging us to think differently about color and to be relentless in our fight for women’s rights, to showing us how to lead with class, grace, and courage, and to be unafraid to fight for what we believe in, these women showed us that with resolve, compassion, self confidence, and bravery, anything is possible. Read on…
Here are the quotes that inspired you the most. Thank you for liking and sharing them with your friends!
4. Never give up despite any obstacles you face:
5. Don’t be afraid to try something, anything. Go get yours!
6. Even when you feel like you cannot carry on, find the courage to keep going. Simply think of all the women who’ve come before you and triumphed despite all odds:
7. Be self aware! The more you know yourself, the better you will become at taking care of yourself:
We love everything about spring (well, except allergies.) Our most favorite thing is to see nature come to life and to be surrounded by beauty. Here’s to new beginnings, new discoveries, and new perspectives.
What’s your most favorite thing about spring? Share with us and our readers so we too can be inspired.
Happy Spring gapmusers!